I was just looking at the calendar and realized that 2015 is slipping away. It’s time to decide about registering for INDA’s Filtration 2015 happening November 17-19 in the Windy City. Both INDA members and non-members who register by October 12 get a pretty decent break on the conference price; the same is true of the pre-conference Filter Media Training Course.
Conferences happens throughout the year and, since companies obviously don’t have unlimited travel and training budgets, it’s important to choose conferences that will have a positive impact on not only the company bottom line but your career in general.
There are a few reasons I can think of to attend Filtration 2015 in Chicago this year:
- The Filter Media Training Course. Yes, it’s an addendum to the conference and an additional cost, but the 1.5 days of technical training you’ll get from Christine Sun, Ph.D., will help both new and long-term professionals in the nonwovens industry get a better grasp or a new take on filtration. The course covers air and liquid filtration, technologies, products, test standards, potential needs in the marketplace and more.
- Access to industry experts. Conference speakers include experts industry-wide from a variety of companies. It’s important that we get different perspectives on technologies and solutions from a variety of resources.
- Filtration Exposition. This is a terrific opportunity to network with industry suppliers who are either exhibiting or attending. With more than 1,500 attendees and 300 exhibitors, you’re sure to get an answer, an idea or, at the very least, a new connection.
- Sharpen the saw. If you’ve ever read Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, you know that sometimes it’s important to take time away from what you do every day to hone your skills. The new ideas and perspectives you gain from conferences can help you be more efficient and effective when you return to your business.
- Invest in yourself and have a little fun at the same time. We all have something to learn. Even if you’ve been in the nonwovens industry for 20 years or more, you know that there are new technologies developed all the time. Our industry is moving forward at a rapid pace and it’s important that we stay abreast of all the changes to benefit our companies and ourselves. And time away from the office eating a deep dish Chicago pizza or taking a picture under “The Bean” can’t be all that bad.
Whatever you decide about Filtration 2015, it’s good to know that our industry is continually moving forward to create change and growth for nonwovens.
What: Filtration International Conference & Expo
When: November 17-19, 2015
Where: Navy Pier Expo Center, Chicago, IL
Registration is open now for this premiere filtration conference. As a precursor to the conference, INDA is also holding a filter media training course. Take advantage of early registration fees by registering by October 12.
Take some time to review some of the above conferences to see if they will help you stay on top of current industry trends and increase your knowledge base to assist you in doing your job better.